How Many Are Left | Teen Ink

How Many Are Left

By Noe Quijada BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Noe Quijada BRONZE, Pacoima, California

Why are people scared of sharks? My guess is that it is because of the media? To the media sharks are animals that kill and endager us. In reality humans endanger the sharks more than the sharks endanger humans. In movies, sharks eat people. For example, the movie “Jaws” is a movie were sharks are hunting humans. In the movie the shark is trying to kill anyone who goes on the island. More so the movie “Shark Tale” is a story were the shark is good guy with a bad image. In the movie that shark’s dad dies and the son decides that he wants to change his image. To become good, the shark must literally stop begin a shark. This gives the impression that all sharks are evil and dangerous.
Why are people scared of sharks? Sharks are friendly and they share their water with us. So why do people fear sharks.
Some say they are scared of sharks because they are scared of begin eaten by a shark. Other say people they are scared because if a shark does attack them they can’t fight the shark.
I say people are scared of sharks because they don’t understand sharks. Sharks are not the most dangerous nor the most lethal animal. Sharks benefit the ocean because they keep the ocean balanced. This means that they keep other sea animals at a heathy level. Sence the sharks are at the top of the food chain there job is to keep all other animals controlled. In the ocean there is a lot of competition so the sharks keep the competition to a minimum.
Sharks are endangered because people are killing the sharks for their fins. Also people are killing all the sharks so that bo more people will die because of shark attacks.
People later on when there is not to many sharks will ask what can I do to help the sharks. I will say we can help them by not killing more sharks. Make it illegal to kill sharks and let them repopulate. We can also make sure that this never happens again. People have to start to wake up because the population of sharks has dramatically decreased 50% over the last 5 years says Jennifer Schmidt. A world with out sharks is a world that has let an animal down. People just have to realize that sharks are not the bad guys.