Lions | Teen Ink

Lions

October 31, 2014
By Jerson Lopez BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Jerson Lopez BRONZE, Pacoima, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

     Lions in the media are seen as scary and dangerous animals. Lions are seen dangerous and scary animals because they live in the wild. Lions are not dangerous or scary because in the movie lion king they are helpful. In the movie lion king they look helpful because zemba was helping all the animals. Another reason is because in the movie zemba is the king of all the animals in the wild life.
    According to the article “The Truth About Lions” By Abigail Tucker Lions wild lions had been on earth, the population is in free fall, having dropped by half since the mid-1990s, to fewer than 10,000. They had been here so long because lions don't’ really attack people so they don't’ really get killed. The lions are the second longest living cats in the world. Lions are first existed in in Africa and in Asia and they were getting endangered In Asia.

      Lions help the environment because The loss of lions has a negative effect on Africa’s fragile ecosystems. Also because  Lions play an important role in the food chain, helping to regulate numbers of the more dominant herbivore species, such as zebra and buffalo. And without lions to control them, these species out-compete other animals, causing their extinction and reducing biodiversity. That’s why lions are so helpful to the environment.
     Lions are going extinct. In the article “Why Are We Still Hunting Lions?” by Jeff Flocken it it explains that their is as few as 32,000 lions are left in the wild. In West African lions are genetically distinct from others in Africa. Also in 2005, West African lions were believed to live in 21 different protected areas. They are reports that  says lions now roam in just 1.1% of their historic range in West Africa.
  One way we could help lions is by telling people not to kill lions because they are  extinct. Also to make people help lions is by telling people not to and help make posters that say to help lions. Another thing we could do is to tell the police every time we see someone killing a lion. Does are some ways we could help lions not going extinct.