Possible Power Crisis Solution | Teen Ink

Possible Power Crisis Solution

By texascalifornia BRONZE, Chino Hills, California
texascalifornia BRONZE, Chino Hills, California

"Be the Change you want to see in the world" Gahndi, as well as the Bible verses John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.

The state of California has suffered many difficulties in recent years. Two of the major situations facing the state, as well as many other states and territories thorough the U.S. is high unemployment and low electrical supplies. I may have a solution that will kick start Americans in the right direction to not only help our economy and lifestyle, but our planet for generations to come. Many green power sources exist already, such as hydroelectric, solar, wind, ETC. However, manpower can also create green energy. Another power source to add to the list is the Bicycle Generator. For any who are not familiar with them, they are simply stationary bicycles who convert pedal power into electricity. This method traditionally is ignored, due to the small amount of energy produced by an individual bike. This is where it helps the economy, because huge banks of these bikes being pedaled by paid biker employees doing shift work can generate a lot of power together. Entire industries could be created with this new type of green power source. These industries would help drive the economy, and would require many employees including the bicycle riders themselves. In an environmental sense, it would be extremely important because of the amount of extra energy being produced. It would be a significant step in running our civilization on more environmentally friendly power sources than fossil fuels. It is an idea that I believe should be greatly considered because of its wide range of benefits. Readers, thank you for your time!