Climate Change: A Convenient Truth | Teen Ink

Climate Change: A Convenient Truth

By JakeS. BRONZE, Kiowa, Colorado
JakeS. BRONZE, Kiowa, Colorado

This year, our federal government will spend in the neighborhood of $4 billion on global warming research, despite the fact that our earth has been cooling since 1998, and that all of the billions that have been spent so far have yielded no conclusive evidence that using fossil fuels for energy has any significant effect on Earth’s temperature.
But why do politicians scare us with this global warming nonsense and try to persuade to us that natural variances in climate are our fault? For money. As I stated before, $4 billion dollars is set aside each year by the federal government to give to organizations like the Environmental Protection Agency, NASA, Department of Energy (DOE), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the National Science Foundation so that they can “investigate” how to stop a natural occurrence that we as humans have .15% control over.
I think that we need to just sit back and let Mother Nature do her work. Now this doesn’t mean that we don’t have to be environmentally conscious and do our part by recycling what we can and shutting off a light when we leave a room. But you can rest easy knowing that even though you don’t hug a tree and drive a Prius that the ice caps aren’t going to melt and the polar bears are not going to drown.