The Letter From Mother Earth | Teen Ink

The Letter From Mother Earth

By decievinghimesama SILVER, Cebu, Other
decievinghimesama SILVER, Cebu, Other

My children,

What have I done to you? What did I do wrong for you to forsake me like this? What have I not given you that you hurt me this way?

I have given you what you need. I nurtured you with the gifts of vegetation and meat. And, I made sure they were not contaminated to ensure your health and well-being.

I blessed you with picturesque sceneries, where you can live with your family and friends. Those meadows, jungles and forests were all given to you without asking a million per square meter.

I cleansed the air, allowing no poisonous gas for you to breathe in. I gave you the blue elixir of life to quench your thirst.

The seas and oceans were cleaned for you so that you can clearly see the beauty of Atlantis, the city you destroyed.
I gave you different seasons for you to enjoy and experience all year round.

We were living in a world of give and take before. I took care of you and carried you on my shoulders for all my life, but I never considered you a burden because you are my children. And it had been my greatest joy to carry you.

But, look at what you have done to me? Why did you do this to me? Have you gone tired of the beauty of God’s creation? Has the song of the birds deafen you that you would rather listen to the sound of the cars on the road? Has the beautiful meadow blinded you that you would rather see tall buildings? Have you grown tired of the clean air you breathe in that you would rather inhale sulfur dioxides and nitrogen oxides? Do I deserve these wounds?

My children, what have I done to you to make me cry in pain like this? My children, which of the gifts of creation do you not like that you tend to destroy them? My world has been flooded with trashes that are harmful to the living creature, to you my children. My shoulders are now scarred, bruised and polluted however I am not angry for you are my children.

If this shall continue, then I shall perish with time and you would see no more tomorrow. The seeds could not grow into fruit-bearing trees without your care. The animals would not be tamed without your love and the earth could not be clean if you would not pick up the litter you have thrown.

Let us not wait for another story of “Noah’s ark”. Let us not wait for all the inactive volcanoes to burst with fury. It is time to make a step forward, to change our destructive habits. My children, you may not feel but I am embracing you, would you care to embrace me too?

Love your mother;

Earth

A letter from Mother Earth

tome said...
on Apr. 22 2015 at 1:43 pm
When did you post this text?

tam_tam said...
on Jun. 14 2014 at 9:13 pm
it was exellent ! i love it ! i think its time !!