Save The Planet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Save the oceans! Save the rainforests! Recycle! If you're a teenager living in the United States, chances are that you have heard this before. In fact, it's nearly impossible to grow up in the 1990s and not hear about this.

We may be constantly reminded of the earth's problems, but the fact remains that few Americans are doing anything about it. So what? It's not our responsibility! Well, guess what? If we don't take care of our earth, who do you think is going to? No one, that's who. That's why we have to.

What can we do to help? Well, there are several things:

-Recycle cans, bottles, paper, glass, etc.

-Join Greenpeace, or other environmental organizations.

-Buy a water-saving shower head to help conserve our important resources.

-Don't buy Styrofoam, and use pumps instead of aerosol cans, which have been shown to have a harmful affect on the ozone layer.

-Write letters showing your support or giving suggestions, to an organization such as Greenpeace.

-And, of course, keep our planet beautiful, don't litter.

The list goes on! You may not think that what you do will be enough to change the world, but every little thing you do will make a difference! n

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

jennamarie said...
Feb. 24, 2009 at 4:50 pm:
thank you, you are doing your part :)