A Short Guide For Saving The World | Teen Ink

A Short Guide For Saving The World MAG

Are you ioverwhelmed by ithe problems facing our world and nation today? Do you feel that there are so many problems in the world that you cannot make a difference? Well, this article may be just what you need to help you get involved.

1. Think about topics that are of the most interest to you.

Don't allow yourself to be pressured into groups or organizations that you don't really want to join. If you don't care about a problem, you won't work your hardest to correct it.

2. Pick two or three problems that you feel you can help to change.

Don't try to be a super hero. Focus your energies on the issues that are most important to you. It is better to make a big difference in one area than to make a bunch of miniscule impacts.

3. If there isn't an organization you're interested in, start your own.

Ask your friends and teachers if they would like to be involved. Get a list of signatures and a plan for what you would like to do and present it to the administration at your school.

4. Always remember that even if you only change one small problem, the effort was worth it.

There are times that you'll feel as if your contribution has been insignificant in the scheme of things. But don't look at things globally, look at them locally. Big changes come from little changes right here at home.

Everyone has an issue that s/he can get fired up over. There are thousands of topics out there, including the environment, the homeless, the Middle East, the unemployed, racism and the economy. If every person spent some of his or her time on one cause, the changes would be unbelievable. Please, do something to help your world. n

KandyKiwi said...
on Jul. 24 2010 at 12:08 am
KandyKiwi, Boulder, Colorado

wow! that was pretty inspiring! i could see u becoming the leader of some great, world changing organization :D

YAY!