air pollution | Teen Ink

air pollution

By briannamarie22704 BRONZE, Logan, Ohio
briannamarie22704 BRONZE, Logan, Ohio

Air pollution is a horrible thing because people are polluting the environment, we can stop this by shutting down most of the coal fired power plants and lowering how much gases and other harmful things we put into the environment. Polluting the environment is hurting not only us but also the plants and animals. The reason why polluting the environment is bad is because it is putting holes in the ozone layer and is causes people to have major health problems like with their breathing. There are many different ways people can pollute the air. Smog is one of them also, greenhouse gases and carbon dioxide are all causes of air pollution.

Air pollution is a mixture of natural and man-made substances in the air we breathe. The health effects of air pollution have been reported in research studies over the past 30 years. These effects include respiratory diseases such as asthma, cardiovascular diseases, changes in lung function, and death. There is evidence that exposure to air pollution has long-term effects on lung development in children. Air pollution as you know is not good for us or the environment and if we don’t try to stop it we all could be in danger. More and more everyday our environment is becoming more polluted, kids are getting ill, and some people are even dying from it.

Smog is a major cause of air pollution. Smog is a mixture of fog and smoke or other airborne pollutants such as exhaust fumes. Smog comes from vehicles, machinery, factories, and paints. There are also many ways that we can prevent sit.We can cut back on how often we drive our cars or we can use alternative fuels. We can also stop using fossil fuels as much as we do and that will help out a lot .

Greenhouse gases are warming up our environment which could lead to global warming. Greenhouse gas is gas that gets trapped. When it lets off heat into the environment that is what leads to the warming of the earth or what we call global warming. Global warming is when earth’s temperatures rise above average.This happens when the greenhouse gases trap heat and light from the sun in the earth’s atmosphere, which increases the temperature.We can stop this by reducing the energy we use at home by turning off lights when you are not in the room .You could recycle all paper, plastic, glass and aluminum cans.

Carbon dioxide is colorless and odorless and is not bad for the environment but too much is. It plays many important roles in the environment. Without it there would be no photosynthesis and without photosynthesis there would be no plants therefore no oxygen for us. Many people think that it is bad for the environment because it is a greenhouse gas required by the earth to maintain normal temperatures and sustain life. Carbon dioxide is not bad but too much of it can cause radiation from the sun to get stuck between the atmosphere causing global warming.

There are many things that people do to cause air pollution but there is also many ways that you can prevent it. I hope that next time you are doing something that might hurt our environment that you will stop and think about the effect it will have on you later in the future. Air pollution is a horrible thing so think before you pollute.

Mexican69 said...
on Jul. 25 2015 at 11:18 am
I agree because personality is what should come first not looks my gf says I look good and my personality is on point they need laughter and a connection not just attraction by the way he looks hehe

Laura said...
on Jul. 25 2015 at 10:56 am
Amazing writing! Such a great story.

daisy5566 said...
on Feb. 6 2014 at 2:06 pm
This is an good articla but lacks support