Nature Is In For Trouble | Teen Ink

Nature Is In For Trouble MAG

By Anonymous

   Nature Is In For Trouble!!



by A. H., Medford, MA



In the past ten years, people in the world have really been polluting our earth. Oil spills, paper cups and even plastic materials have been polluting our waters. have you ever seen a sign near a beach, pond, or lake saying "POLLUTED! NO SWIMMING"?

Why do you think the air is harder to breath when you are in or near a busy area like the city than when you are in a country-type area?

Even just simple tasks at home can help. Here are a few tips that you can do to help save the earth, and which may even save you money.

1. If you're reading during the day, use daylight instead of electricity.

2. While you're brushing your teeth, don't leave the water running.

3. Try to take quick showers instead of baths. They save water, time, and money.

4. Shut off the light, radio, TV, etc. off when you leave the room.

5. Try to buy and use household items that save energy and are biodegradable. They are usually about the same price or cheaper than other brands.

6. Try to plant trees, flowers, and plants anywhere you can, in your yard or wherever.

7. If you can, ride a bike, walk, limp, jog, skip, or even race to your destination if it is within walking distance.

8. If you're going a long distance, try to join a carpool or use public transportation.

9. Reuse and recycle anything you can.

The above are just a few things you can do to help the earth and save money.