Stupidity | Teen Ink

Stupidity MAG

What is wrong with us? Why can't we see what we have done and are doing to ourselves. Take a step away, away from yourself, a human. Look at this world from a stranger's eyes. War, hate, violence, pollution, slaughter, nature striving to overcome these, but failing. Humans are the cause of super technology, and all of the above. We are the oddballs of the creatures of the earth. We aren't even part of the food chain. We won't allow ourselves to be. We're too good for that. If humans all died off today, the only thing that would change would be the destruction of the planet. Nothing would suffer from our departure except the unfortunate animals and plants that we have forced and trained to live in our false environment.

People are too greedy for their own good. Recycling is too time-consuming. "What difference can I make out of all the millions of people?" That's the general outlook. I think that if someone broke away from the rest of the group and did something good, everyone would follow. You know how we are always wanting to all be the same. Scientists who discover something to reduce pollution are considered heroes. Why? Because they found a way to reverse what we did.

I am not proud to be a member of this species, but there's nothing I can do about it. The more we destroy, the more we hurt ourselves. Even if we destroy our environment, we will not destroy the planet. To our planet, life as we know it is no more than a blink of an eye. We can't imagine this because we can't think of time in this way. If we do not smarten up soon, we won't have to because we'll all be dead. ^

i love this so much!

Poiple said...
on May. 13 2009 at 4:46 pm
This article is very great! It speaks out against pollution and makes humans really think about what we are doing to our precise and only planet earth we have. Everything that's in this article is true, unfortunetely. All I have to say is to keep on rocking!!!