Make the World a Better Place | Teen Ink

Make the World a Better Place

By PoetryGuy18 SILVER, Corpus Christi, Texas
PoetryGuy18 SILVER, Corpus Christi, Texas

Every day, and I mean every day, the world slowly gets a better chance of surviving an epidemic. But every day, the world slightly perishes and begins to crumble. And I don’t mean literally crumble. Maybe just a little. But anyways the world starts becoming a bad place to live in. Whether it’s from pollution or foreign matter. But I will be talking about pollution mostly. People pollute every second of the day. I’m serious. And the bad thing is that there may not be a way to stop these people from polluting. Governments and agencies have tried numerous times to encourage people to stop even if it’s slowly at a time. And now they try to help by coming out with electric cars and allow recycling more often. Yet is it enough? It may be but then again it’s most likely not. You see, the sun lets light in so we can see and have nutrients. And there is the little thing called the ozone layer that keeps a little of the sun in but not a lot of it. With the ozone layer, the heat and light from the sun bounces back towards itself. Like I said, the ozone layer only allows a little of the sun in. yet, by pollution the ozone layer becomes thinner and thinner allowing more sun to come in and fry us. I’ll break it down for you. Lets take smoke from refineries or a car. The smoke goes in to the air and mixes with the clouds. But some of that smokes breaks through and collides with the ozone layer causing erosion which makes the ozone layer thinner, allowing more sun in. Pollution is bad! But that’s not the only kind of pollution. Lets talk about out lovely streets and plants. Although its hard to call them lovely. Take an ordinary beautiful garden maintained by caring people. Example: Bob waters his garden and clears it of weeds regularly. Everyone who walks by tells Bob that his garden is beautiful with a capital B. yet what Bob and all the others don’t know is that under that beautiful garden lies deadly fumes that slowly kill the flowers. A year later, Bob finds his garden unexpectedly dying. What Bob also doesn’t know is that the house that was built on his wonderful grass has eroded over the past few years allowing the deadly material of the house to seep underground and spread throughout the yard. Therefore, killing his beautiful garden. The End. Or is it? Every day we pass by trash on the streets and don’t bother to pick it up. Some don’t because they are lazy and some others don’t because they are embarrassed. Id sometimes be counted as the one with embarrassment. But not always. Anyways, what I’m proposing is that instead of ignoring all those boring environmental commercials on television, we should actually listen to them and join hands to erase all the pollution. After that problem is wiped out, we’d have a better place to live in and live a longer, healthier life. But first if we must start little, then it’s best if we start with the trash we see on our own streets. Recycle more often too. It really helps get waste off the street. Join community service programs and aim for captain of the litter removal club. Just talk to your counselor or environmental adviser. In my own opinion, I know you will be the best. Thank you.

i hope everyone joins hands and helps stop pollution. i know i am.

kathy123456 said...
kathy123456, Sunnyvale, California
this article is wrong
SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathy123456 said...
kathy123456, Sunnyvale, California
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD (TOO MUCH COLLOQUIAL LANGUAGE) (WIERD EXAMPLES)
(... LIKE YOU PROVED US WRONG ...) (... AS IF YOU ARE SO GOOD ...) (THIS ARTICLE IS
hhhhhhhhoooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllleeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mahi said...
on Mar. 19 2017 at 6:50 am
This really help me

Vvii said...
Really awesome

Vvii said...
Really awesome

Ayush said...
on Mar. 2 2017 at 7:43 am
Good realy good

punkin said...
This is really good and true statements. Thanks very helpful.