Moonbeams | Teen Ink

Moonbeams MAG

As I was going to bed last night, I happened to catch a glance of the moon. I guess I've never really noticed it before. Sure I've seen it, we've all seen it, but have you ever really noticed it?

I sat on my bed, shrouded in complete darkness, suddenly aware of this newfound beauty. I threw my curtains open and remained mesmerized by the majestic beams that streamed through my window, illuminating my room with shimmering shadows that danced on my walls, and cut a deep, gleaming path across my bed. I then saw the craters which gave texture to this glowing beauty, and tried in vain to find the man in the moon. I was, by then, so exhilarated with my findings that I continued to search. With nothing more than a few glances I was able to pick out two playful, glimmering stars which seemed to be cohorts with the moon in her magical night-time games. Slowly other details exposed themselves to me, including the bare winter trees and the stark silhouettes that they painted against the backdrop of a purpley-black sky.

It was then that it struck me. In a world of hectic schedules, it is important to appreciate Mother Nature's limitless beauty, to spend time enjoying her simple pleasures - and to notice the craters in the moon. So, do as I did, and take a few moments to observe the beauty around you. You might even be as lucky as me, bathed in the radiance of the moon, and at peace with the world. ^

i love this so much!

on Jan. 23 2012 at 4:53 pm
RedFeather GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Prose is like walking but poetry is like dancing.
—Paul Valery, poet (1871 - 1945)

This is real nice. I like it, but it feels as if you need to add some more onto it. If you've got nothing to do, could you check out my poem "MoonBeams" sometime? Feedback on that would be appriciated. ^_^