Sick | Teen Ink

Sick MAG

She is sick. Hurting deep inside, and gettingworse with every passing day. She has been stabbed, violated, poisoned andinsulted. Though she supports all life and gives, while never asking for anythingin return, humankind continues to abuse her. Mother Earth is on her deathbed, butstill hoping for a cure.

Before long, the Earth will take on a whole newface. Like a parasite feeding on its host, Man will destroy every resource MotherEarth has to offer. Plush rain forests will only be a memory once they have beenexploited for their resources. Fresh water, the source of all life, will be ascarce commodity. The protective blanket known as the ozone will be depleted andthe harsh sunlight will burn the Earth's skin. Total disaster is creeping up.Global warming, abnormal weather patterns, acid rain, and species going extinctare just the precursors. Dry, barren, and eventually lifeless, the Earth willbecome.

When she is gone, she will never come back. Her doors will beclosed to all the living. As unforgiving as that seems, it only proves that onereaps what one sows. In order to reverse this destruction humankind must shed itsignorance. Education and total awareness must be achieved.

Life isfragile. Appreciate it.