Disposable World | Teen Ink

Disposable World MAG

The environment has become nothing more than filth.The human race has become lazy when it comes to the upkeep of our beloved planet.Instead of recycling, washing dishes and doing laundry, many use disposableutensils and plates or throw away clothes instead of donating them to the lessfortunate. Companies introduce products to "save time," but the morethey create, the more our homes become messed up.

There are products thatpretty much take care of everything. There are pots and pans that can be thrownaway after one use, bathing suits that can be disposed of right after you get outof the pool, and disposable baby bibs so the consumer does not have to worryabout cleaning up a baby's mess.

Now tell me, is it really thathard to put pots and pans into the dishwasher, toss the bathing suit over theshower rod to dry, or throw a bib in the washing machine? I know some folks havelittle time for household tasks, but still, I don't care who you are, it is notthat difficult to take a few minutes and do them. It's life.

If peoplejust did these things, perhaps our environment would not be so screwed up. Ifpeople would reduce consumption, compost, and throw away only what cannot berecycled or reused, this world could be better. People will forever damage ourplanet, but once we mess it up beyond repair, what will we do next?