Recycle Book Bags This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Almost every school year, students get a new book bag. What becomes of the old one? Usually, even if just the least bit worn, it’s thrown out even though there are several ways to reuse old book bags.

If the old bag is in good condition, it could be given to a second-hand store or used for another purpose. Some students have been seen using a side-pack book bag for a gym bag, or a rolling book bag as luggage. There is always someone who could use an extra book bag.

If the old bag is torn and not completely usable, it can still be used in other ways. If an extra pocket is needed to hold items, students can always try looking in or on their old bag. It’s more than possible that their old book bag, no matter how torn, has the perfect-sized pocket that can be cut off and used for other purposes.

In addition to cutting off usable pockets, there may even be some recycling centers that accept old bags and recycle the materials to create new ones. If there is jean recycling around nowadays, it is more than likely that there is book bag recycling as well.

Next time you buy a new bag for school, don’t just toss your old one. Remember, just as there is “more than one way to eat a Reese’s,” there is more than one way to recycle a book bag.

writingchick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very interesting idea, creative. You have great essay writing skills :) keep it up, would you mind rating and commenting on my stuff ;) thanks and good job

Sunny_Run said...
I think you chose an interesting idea, but I don't know if it's really a problem. Where I live, no one throws book bags away at all, so it doesn't seem like a great subject for people where I am, but I think it's important that people write about things that people, maybe where you live, don't think much about. Either, way, it was interesting to read, and a different idea