Global Warming: It’s Closer Than You Think... | Teen Ink

Global Warming: It’s Closer Than You Think...

By orangecatsrawesome BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
orangecatsrawesome BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Global warming is a very serious matter. It concerns all 7 billion people on the Earth and the generations to come. I believe everybody should do everything that they need to do to reduce human impact on global warming. I don’t believe many people are doing this. Sure you’re recycling, unplugging appliances, etc… but there are still many other things someone could do. Each time you throw away food, use an unnecessary amount of water during a shower or keep your extension cord on when it’s not even in use increases our impact.
Just recently, Republicans proposed a cut on Environmental funds. These plans are very vital choices for Earth. Many cuts include replacing the EPA with a new proposed agency, removing a lot of restrictions and regulations. Some even want to destroy laws that put a limit on carbon dioxide and pollutants emissions. Government does not care about the environment, but only about making money. They change laws only to benefit themselves and other corporations that elect them to power. The only way we can get everyone involved is to get the government on our side, to show them that they aren’t the only people in the world. If we cannot change their minds then our Earth can’t be saved.
Whenever you are doing your daily routine, do you ever think about what you are actually doing? How many people ask themselves, “How am I hurting my environment?” Not many think about it often. I believe it is important to know how your actions influence the ecosystem. Consider this; the U.S contributes to about 25% of greenhouse gases. If that drops down to just 5% imagine how much cleaner our Earth would be. I also believe America consumes too much fossil fuels and energy. We need to have energy at the tip of our fingers. Our cars are very damaging to the atmosphere. In the U.S alone, we contribute to about 50% of Global warming connected to automobiles worldwide. To reduce this impact, I think everyone in America could use a little bit more exercise. Going biking to school is good exercise and does no harm to the environment. America’s standards for automobiles are too low, so laws need to change to increase the miles per gallon.
The Earth is taking in too much carbon dioxide. The ocean is getting too acidic. Ecosystems are getting destroyed. I can’t do it alone, everyone needs to pitch in. Our Earth has a balance. We have disturbed it; unless we can reverse our mistakes, our future is doomed. When our generation gets older, it will be our problem to fix even though we didn’t make the mess.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Such a fabulous article, my little sis! ;)

I am so proud of you, you really are a great writer. The article is very convincing. :)