Corn is a Super Crop | Teen Ink

Corn is a Super Crop

By brad353535 BRONZE, South Dayton, New York
brad353535 BRONZE, South Dayton, New York

Corn is a very important crop to Americans. It provides us with food and snacks. It also provides us with gas for are cars which is called ethanol. Also it can be used for decorations and games like corn mazes. There are many uses for corn in the world.

I think this crop is very important because it feeds us and it can also put money in your pocket. It can be used for popcorn and for grain. But what I don’t understand is why corn prices are so high. This year, on my dad’s dairy farm, we had to buy it for harvesting to feed are cows. So it was very expensive to by the corn, and also you had to by the round up as well as fertilizer for the corn.

Some people may think that they don’t like corn. One of the problems I have with it is the birds. The birds bug me because they make a mess of the corn and on your car. Another reason the birds cause problems is that they peck on the ends of the ears which causes mold to grow.

I think corn is one of the best crops out there. This crop is very easy to plant and also very easy to harvest. All you would have to do is take a kernel and put it in the soil. Make sure it has enough sunlight and make sure you water it down. It will be about 140-180 days and then it will be ready to harvest. That is why I think corn is a very important crop to have in the world.