They Can’t Speak, But That Doesn’t Mean They Cannot Feel | Teen Ink

They Can’t Speak, But That Doesn’t Mean They Cannot Feel

By SHINeeGirl97 BRONZE, Guilderland, New York
SHINeeGirl97 BRONZE, Guilderland, New York

No pain, No gain.

Did you know that millions of animals are suffering, dying, and being hurt by humans? Did you know that eighteen red foxes are killed to make one fox-fur coat, 55 minks to make a mink coat? Even right now, while you are reading this article, hundreds of animals are abused by humans. Animal Rights Concerns says that “dolphin massacre turns the sea blood red.” Every day, every minute, every second, countless animals are abused by humans. It’s almost impossible to find the official definition of animal cruelty, or animal abuse, but, the most common definition of animal cruelty is any harm to animals usually caused by humans which leads to animals’ sickness and death. It occurs more than child abuses, and goes unnoticed most of the time, because animals are physically not capable to report problems (Queen of Caffeine). I think we should prevent animal abuse, because animal abuse is very cruel and inhuman and at the same time, I love animals personally.

I had two cute puppies and gold fish at home. I really love all the animals and I’m in APS, which stands for Animal Protection Society. APS is a school club activity, where we learn about animals and animal protection. Once a month, we watch different animals and learn about them. I found that animals are living creatures like us and they should be treated as such. I want to join more animal protection clubs to help them.

Animal abuse is bad because animals feel pain and are capable of suffering, just like people. Just because they can’t speak, that doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. It’s really cruel that humans hurt and mistreat animals. Animals have rights to be on earth like humans and they have feelings, too. Animals have been placed on this earth with humans. They have existed for the long time, even before we came out on earth. We use them for food, clothing, transport, protection, entertainment and companion. We got lots of things from animals. In return, human should treat them well. We should protect animals. They want to live as much as we do, they are living thing too. They want to live as long as they can.
According to Animal Cruelty Facts.net, every year 1 billion animals are slaughtered by the leather industry. Every year 100 million animals die in experiments and tests. Every year 3 to 4 million cats and dogs (healthy and adoptable) are euthanized. Some say that we can use animals to promote people’s lives. They say that we need to eat chicken, pork, and beef, and we need to wear warm mink coats or leather jackets. Or they say that we need to experiment for the cancer remedies with rats and other animals. Others even say that animals are here for the sake of people, so we do not have to worry about animal cruelty or abuse.

I think the above claims have some senses. However, we need to think about animal rights even in necessary animal killings for food and other essential purposes. For example, I watched many cows struggling in a small pen or many chickens in one small cage. I think those things should be improved. They need more space, fresh air, and decent food until they are killed for food or cloth. Another example is animals caught in traps. They can suffer for days before they die.

There’s a rapid and widespread movement for the protection of animals from cruelty. People are angry and have developed a voice for the defenseless. Organizations such as PETA, ASPCA, and NAVS are good organizations that help animal cruelties. We can help animal cruelty by little steps. We can help these organizations and help poor animals by donating a dollar. If you see animal abuse, you can call these organizations, or report them to the police. You can join for membership to these communities, and join an activity. You can send letters to make some improvements on problems. These little changes will be really effective. By doing this, you can help lots of animals from suffering. This little movement can give animals a lot of help.

I love animals, and I want people to help animal cruelty to prevented. So I wrote this article.