Little Differences | Teen Ink

Little Differences

It is not something hot to think about or ponder over but it is to tell you your little things has far reaching affects.

take for instance:

Close the tap while brushing. In each minute while you brush with tap open, you waste 7 liters of water.
Suppose if you brush for 10 minutes twice a day.
Therefore amount of water wasted in a day 2(10*7) = 140 liters
Therefore amount of water wasted in a year 140 *365 = 51,110 liters
Think if you just close the tap while brushing what difference you’ll make in the lives of the people who pace miles to get a bucket of water.

Turn off your AC’s when you leave the room then you could save up to 1 Kw of energy.
One kilowatt saved in a day. Therefore, in a year = 365 *1 = 365 Kw of energy which could be enough for two families.

Take a vow to plant a tree on your each birthday. See the difference it would make.
If everyone on this earth plant just one tree on his birthday then no. of trees planted in a year
Estimated world population * 1 = 6,775,235,700 * 1 = 6,775,235,700 trees
So we could get about 7 billion trees on this earth.

I suggest not following all the three recommendations but trying out just one will make a great difference. Pledge to save this earth. Remember the words of Lester Brown:
We have not inherited this earth from our ancestors but borrowed it from our future generation.

Now I pen off. This is my first article in Teen ink. I hope you like it.
Thanks a lot

This is my first article in Teen ink. I hope you like it.