The Hunt | Teen Ink

The Hunt

May 29, 2011
By sushain97 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
sushain97 BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Our past is the key to our future


I am a tiger. Half a century ago, I was the hunter. My claws heralded inevitable death; not a quick or painless one either. All who stood in my way didn’t stand for long. My voice instilled fear deep in the hearts of all. I was the hunter.

Now, nothing is the same. Now, I am among the hunted. For us- there is no balance; among us one death does not mean one birth. For us- one birth means ten deaths. We are the hunted…

I am a man, I am the hunter, and all men are the same. For us- there is more than balance; among us one birth does not mean ten deaths. For us- one death means three births. We are the hunters…

I am a jaguar. I was the fastest, the swiftest. I was the one who bit into the heads of my victims, tearing them with vicious tenacity. Now, I am only one among the hunted. I am a snow leopard. I was the stealthiest, the sneakiest. I was the one who devoured beasts three times my size. Now, I am only one among the hunted. I am a lion. I was the bravest, the strongest. I used to slay my quarry with a quick swipe of my paw. I was the king. My brethren and I, now we are all only one amongst the hunted…

I am a man. I am the fastest, the swiftest, the stealthiest, the sneakiest, the bravest, the strongest. I am the king.
I am the hunted. I live in fear. Fear of death- fear of a bullet running through my hide. I run, I flee, I can-not fight. There is no place I call home…

I am man. I like in fear. Of nothing. My home is wherever I wish it to be. I fight, I slaughter, I destroy, I hunt…

Now, I, am the hunted. I sprint through the destroyed forest, tired and weary of the hunter, the man that matches my every stride with two others. No longer am I the fearless, matchless beast I once was. Bullets whizz by me, I can-not fight- I can only run, but not for much longer. Death himself is on my heels, it is only a matter of time. Death is inescapable, death is approaching. Man is death, and death is man…