Global Warming- Natural | Teen Ink

Global Warming- Natural

To keep Earth balanced, climate change occurs. If climate change did not exist, then Earth would become very unsteady. Humans benefit from more CO2 just like plants. Earth produces CO2 and will not stop anytime soon. Many people believe carbon dioxide and CO2 emissions cause climate change when in fact they occur naturally.

Earth is an unpredictable force to which no one can anticipate. Natural CO2 production outweighs manmade CO2 production. “Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the Earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age—a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice”(Hieb). The Earth’s climate changes, as since the beginning of time. Earth’s natural cycle works to keep itself on an even scale, which tends to make temperatures go up and down. “For as long as Earth has existed, it has experienced changes in climate, including many different periods of warming and cooling”(Parks). Earth’s natural cycle changes the temperature to benefit the environment and keep itself steady. The Earth’s natural cycle will keep balanced by changing temperatures, which will continue to change randomly without anticipation.

The impact man has on the environment has so little effect compared to natural forces. CO2 keeps Earth on its natural cycle. “CO2 that goes into the atmosphere does not stay there but is continually recycled by terrestrial plant life and Earth’s oceans—the great retirement home for most terrestrial carbon dioxide”(Hieb). CO2 doesn’t linger, it goes where Earth tells it to go. Man cannot control many different things about Earth which affect our climate greatly. “Climate change is controlled primarily by cyclical eccentricities in Earth’s rotation and orbit, as well as variations in the sun’s energy output”(Hieb). These huge factors make climate shift out of man’s reach. When things such as Earth’s orbit and the sun come into play with the climate, it’s the simple fact we cannot produce a large enough force to stop them.

Higher CO2 levels and more carbon dioxide can benefit the environment and produce a cleaner, healthier earth. Many people look on the wrong side of CO2, but the fact is that it helps Earth more than hurts it. “Rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere can be shown not only to have a negligible effect on the Earth’s many ecosystems, but in some cases to be a positive help to many organisms”(Wayne). CO2 has always naturally occurred so that Earth could keep its balance. Most substances the Earth produces naturally advance Earth’s ecosystems. “Carbon Dioxide is a nutrient, not a pollutant, and all life—plants and animals alike—benefit from more of it”(Hieb). The so called “bad carbon dioxide” is actually good for Earth and its environment, which makes living with CO2 a healthy domain. CO2 is naturally occurring and always will be, and the Earth will benefit from it.

The factors that affect climate change are out of man’s control. We cannot stop a cycle that occurs naturally. Humanity cannot change Earth’s rotation or how the sun works. If more of something natural, like CO2, benefits the Earth, then let its levels rise. Humanity can trust Earth and its actions. Natural occurrences, such as this, will be seen as long as man is still around.

Works Cited
Hieb, Monte. “Global Warming: A Chilling Perspective.” 2007: geocraft.com. 3 April 2011

<geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html>
Parks, Peggy J. Global Warming. San Diego, Lucent Books, 2004.
Wayne, Anthony. “100 Reasons Global Warming is Natural.” 2009. 3 April 2011

<sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=98281>.

Natural Global Warming