No More Fossil Fuels | Teen Ink

No More Fossil Fuels

By Cubster BRONZE, Lindstrom, Minnesota
Cubster BRONZE, Lindstrom, Minnesota

"You may be on the right track but you'll get run over if you just sit there."

I do not think that we should use gasoline in our vehicles. It has already been proven that we can run our cars on ethanol, alcohol, solar power, wind power, water, electricity, and even vegetable oil. So why not switch?

The fuel that we use in our cars and trucks gives off 27% of America’s carbon dioxide. This oil gas continuously pushes on the survival of plant and animal life. With around 150 species going extinct each day, we need to preserve what we have left of our ecosystem. Did you know that the U.S.A generates seventy percent of their overall electricity from fossil fuels? “Making the switch couldn’t be simpler.” Said Patrick Kuhn, who converted one of his trucks to run on vegetable oil.

However, most oil companies do not think that it would be worth it to switch to working with cleaner and renewable resources. If they need to they can use the money already earned from their last companies to build new ones that sell different fuel for new cars. Also, their profit will be manageable for both the public and the companies, which will help save our country from dipping into an economic pitfall. Jobs that were once drilling for oil can be switched to working at natural power plants, or building windmills and setting up solar paneling.

Most important of all, the switch will be better for the community, the plants, the animals, and the world itself. Switching to a better way is your choice. So make the better choice.

Cubster BRONZE said...
Cubster BRONZE, Lindstrom, Minnesota

Yay! My first  page.