Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

One of the most talked about environmental subjects, global warming. It can spark huge debits in if it is real. Most people think it is while others thinks it’s fake. The truth is nobody knows positively that it is real. There are many theories about what is happening. The main and biggest theory is that car emitions are creating a greenhouse effect on our planet. Car emitions are made of water vapor, carbon dioxide, and more gases. Those gases rise up into the atmosphere and create a barrier. When the sun warms the planet that barrier traps a percent of the heat causing the whole planet to warm. The other arguing theory is that there are cycles of the earth. Over the past thousand years there have been times of warm streaks, and cold streaks. People just say it’s another cycle of the earth, and there’s nothing we can do about it. They say we can only wait it out. Either way government and car industries are taking notice. Last year Obama did the “cash for clunkers” trying to get low mpg cars off the road. Also he’s trying to raise the minimum mpg rang higher. Car industries are making more hybrid vehicles, and working on pure electric cars like the “leaf”. I guess it’s up to the people to try to make more green things or to wait it out. You decide!

TyrelCresswell, Moab, Utah
Its not pollution! ITS HORSEPOWER!