A Thanksgiving Sorrow | Teen Ink

A Thanksgiving Sorrow

December 19, 2010
By RobbyBabs BRONZE, Commack, New York
RobbyBabs BRONZE, Commack, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was the first time I had opened my eyes in hours.

“Hello!”, I screamed in the dark.
But no answer. All I heard was the low pitch hum of the box I was trapped in, and the sound of sinister voices, condemning me to death.
That’s when I heard it. SVING!!! SVING!!! My stomach dropped. Sweat dripped from my face. It was a knife. I froze and sat there motionless.
I heard footsteps. Someone shouted “Time for the turkey!” I was crying with fear.
The door opened. A rush of air hit me, watering my eyes and drying my tears. Light rushed into the box filling every last corner, making my eyes squint and cringe. Then as I looked up, I saw it. A psychopathic killer with a knife.
He grabbed me from the box. I screamed, “Get off me!”
But he wouldn’t let go. He threw me down, viciously and painfully. I closed my eyes, knowing my time had come. I heard the knife as it flung through the air. In that split second, my life flashed before me. It plunged into my body.
“Aghhhh!,” I yelled to the sky.
The room spun. I lost consciousness.
The last thing I heard were the menacing voices calling to each other. “The turkey smells delicious.”
I quickly spiraled into death. My time was done.