recycling is not a crime | Teen Ink

recycling is not a crime

December 1, 2010
By bobby6969 BRONZE, Palmdale, California
bobby6969 BRONZE, Palmdale, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
its time to nut up or shut up


Everybody has heard of recycling in some point in our lives, but how many of us actually recycle, why it is so important and what are the benefits to such an activity.

















Only about seventy percent of Americans recycle. About twenty five percent of Americans don’t recycle. And that is a big deal. Three out of every ten people aged eighteen to thirty don’t recycle. You











may think that isn’t so many people so it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Well it’s a bigger deal than you may think and cannot be stressed enough to show how important it is. By not recycling we greatly increase the global warming factor. Also by not recycling we have to build more landfills to hold the trash. If everyone took the initiative to recycle everybody’s lives would be so much easier to live. When you recycle you greatly decrease the amount of energy that the manufacturers have to use in order to meet consumer demands whether it’s a soda company making cans or a newspaper company making newspaper. Not only does recycling save energy but it also saves money instead of making new soda cans they can just melt down old ones and reuse them but only if you recycle can they do this.

Recycling has been recorded since four hundred BC. In pre-industrial times there is evidence of scrap bronze and other metals being collected and melted down for perpetual reuse. In pre-industrial time everything that was usually no longer good got recycled ripped clothes got patched, ash from wood and coal was used as a base material for brick making. They wouldn’t let something go to waste unless it could not be reused for something. Resources were greatly depleted by the world wars causing recycling to be hugely encouraged. During World War II massive government promotions were carried out to every country in the war urging citizens to donate metals as a matter of significant patriotic importance. In order for the people who do recycle and the people who enjoy recycling to be able to continue recycling is to recycle because if a recycling program doesn’t have enough recyclables the legislature shuts the program down. There are different ways to recycle some peoples garbage service recycles and will give you a can to recycle in others may just be a trash can in public marked with the recycle logo on it. Sorting the recyclables isn’t difficult you have to separate the glass, aluminum and bottles (some places even have you separate the different colored bottles).
The benefits of recycling include everything from fewer amounts of emissions from factories making glass bottles and aluminum cans to reducing the need for landfills. Recycling doesn’t just benefit the earth it can benefit you to every time you recycle they pay u by the weight of whatever you brought in. on top of that every time you recycle you save an animal’s home or another part of a forest. Recycling shouldn’t just be limited to turning it in to the people with the storage bins either. If you’re a crafty person u can reuse things like aluminum cans to create different things whether it’s an airplane or a car it doesn’t matter just don’t throw away anything that can be recycled.

The author's comments:
i did this peice for schoo; hope u like it =)