Protecting My Friend | Teen Ink

Protecting My Friend

November 17, 2010
By Anonymous

The world today is being destroyed by pollution. People just don’t seem to care about the earth, and how it functions. Cars use gas; gas pollutes the ozone layer. People should ride bikes or walk more can driving cars. Another example: people trash Louisiana. When people trash Louisiana, all that trash goes into our lakes, rivers, seas, etc. Many animals get hurt from trash being thrown on the ground. More people should also start recycling, because recycling helps. Recycling uses less trees and other items we need to live.


The ozone layer is just a layer around Earth. The ozone layer keeps the oxygen on Earth. The ozone layer protects us from the sun. Without the ozone layer, we’d be burnt to pieces. The ozone layer keeps the gravity in the atmosphere. People driving cars, or any automobile that uses gas, can pollute the ozone layer. People can fix this problem by using less gas, or any other type of chemical that can pollute the ozone layer. My friends and I that agree with what I’m trying to fix, can go out talk to people about how to fix the problem with polluting the ozone layer. When I go to college I should go around talking to young people about protecting the ozone layer.

Chemical plants pollute the ozone layer because there are many chemicals being used in chemical plants. In Louisiana there are about over 10 chemical plants. Chemical plants destroy the ozone layer. Chemical plants also cause people in Louisiana to get cancer because we breathe in the chemicals that the chemical plants use. If the companies want to make a certain chemical that people would use everyday, the chemical should be indoors. If the company makes these products indoors, fewer chemicals will be affecting our ozone layer. Protecting the ozone layer is a job that all people should work on doing.


The author's comments:
I want to help save the ozone layer.