I Will Miss You

I will miss the rays of the sun, awakening the dormant living organisms and hushing the nocturnal.
I will miss the fresh dew drops on the grass, the trees, the flowers.
I will miss the furry animals that progress through the day, with innocence.
I will miss the ocean that swells like the mating call of a frog.
I will miss the sand that squished between my toes like small pillows of protection.
I will miss the birds calling overhead, the finches, the pigeons, the robins, the cardinals (sounders of the winter).
I will miss the vibrancy that radiates off of every flower, the worms emerging from their comfortable dirt holes.
I will miss the brilliant hues of orange, red, purple and blue in a sunset.
I will miss the sound of crickets after a rain.
I will miss the owl hooting its majestic warble.
I will miss the moon and its numerous, predictable cycles;I will miss its inimitable glow if direction.

Jennay. said...
Your prediction may be right or may not be, we will all once see. But the outlook on how you put it really could make someone think. Just makes you want to get out there and make a differnce and accomplish every goal you have, and most of all-enjoy all these things,the ones that you will most miss. Some believe that once something is gone, you will miss it. And honestly, thats so true in most situations and life is a definite.

K.T.S. said...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:02 am
Thank you  very much! We both seem to hold a reverence for nature. It is, after all, what keeps us alive.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This almost brought tears to my eyes; it was so beautifully written and I couldn't bare having these things disappear!

I'm glad that you hold such reverence for the natural world. Please read my article "our mark on the Earth."