Helping Mother Earth | Teen Ink

Helping Mother Earth

Caring for the environment is very important. One of the main problems is global warming. The environment has a great supply of ‘’greenhouse gases.’’ They collect heat to make it warm enough for living things. Without it we wouldn’t be alive.
It would be like living on a huge chunk of ice. There can be a way to get too much of the green house gases. If we burn a lot of fossil fuels the gases can stay in the air for fifty years. That can create an extra thick hot layer on the earth. The earth is heated up 1 degree over the past century.
You might be thinking,’’ Oh, that’s not much.’’ Well consider this. Once much of North America was covered in thick ice and it only rose up 9 degrees. People are increasing the CO2 levels. We have more than enough CO2.
This is affecting nature in so many ways. Polar bears are becoming extinct because of the climate. There are many things we can do to help stop this. One of the ways are we can try not to pollute the air. We can do that by doing simple things like stop littering.
People think that maybe it’s not the human’s fault. Scientist proves that natural influences cannot explain the rapid increase in global temperatures. We can stop this if we try hard enough. Most of these things can be avoided.