We can change the world | Teen Ink

We can change the world

There are many problems in the environment we live in. these problems cause great damage to the earth that we live on. If we make just one change to correct these problems we could change the world as we know it. The problem of pollution by car waste is something that we could fix.

Pollution is a very big problem in the U.S. Every time we get into our cars that run on gas we are contributing to the problem of pollution. This pollution is making holes in the ozone layer. This is bad because the ozone layer is what protects us from the sun’s rays. Pollution in the air is also bad because it creates the green house effect. This is another word for global warming. Also gasses that we are not supposed to breathe can build up in the earth’s atmosphere.

There are also ways to help stop the pollution. One way to prevent pollution is to drive a hybrid car. These cars run primarily on electricity so it does not use harmful gas. If everyone drove a hybrid car the rate of pollution will go down. Also there are smart cars that run totally on electricity. Another solution to stop pollution is to not use aerosol hairsprays. Believe it or not the gasses produced by aerosol hairsprays are harmful to the ozone layer. We could also use renewable energy’s to help stop pollution. For example we could use solar energy or wind energy to power our factories, cars and homes. This could work but everyone has to have an active part in helping the environment.

Pollution is a very big problem in the U.S and all around the world. However it could be stopped in time but everyone has to get on board. The environment is very important and there are many things that we are doing to make it seem not important.