Take a Moment to Paws: Stop Animal Cruelty

Throughout the world, animals are beaten, forced to fight each other, and neglected everyday. We must stop this and protect these poor, innocent creatures that have no voice.

We are their voice, and we must speak for them, through our words and actions.

We must protect these loving beings. They are killed or harmed through no fault of their own; through the fault of us humans, animals are dying.

Animals suffer because of us. Because of what we fail to do. Because of what we do. Because of what our neighbors do and what we don't stop.

Why people hurt animals is beyond me. Statistics often show that it is to gain a feeling of control.

The people that commit animal cruelty crimes often do them for the illusion of power. Power that they feel they earn by mistreating defenseless creatures. Often, these people will commit other crimes. Crimes of violence against humans, such as murder. Breaking animal cruelty laws not only seems to make them feel powerful and in control, it seems to make them feel confident and invincible.

Together, I believe we can put an end to the horrors of animal cruelty.

BleedingRose said...
May 17, 2010 at 11:15 am:
You are absolutely definitely correct about this, i Feel u.

^unshed.tears said...
May 10, 2010 at 11:11 am:
this is good, and it speaks to the reader, but you could throw some facts and statistics in. some people only earn by what's proven, not by what one person says. but overall, pretty good :)

alayapoetgirl said...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 9:30 am:
I love the fact that you wrote about animal rights. However, you didnt use enough facts and statistics. Check out my article on animal rights...

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i really like this. its so short, yet so meaningfully deep. gr8 jobb :P

xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:23 pm :
LOL. Thanks for that. :)