Dolphins | Teen Ink

Dolphins

Did you know that the greatest friend of the human is the Dolphins? They have been around the humans as long as they we existed. Even though Dolphins are really smart we are a big threat for them. We humans are the biggest predators for the dolphins. Dolphins are mammals. Did you know that a dolphin can swim up to 260 m. below the surface of the ocean? What do dolphins eat? Dolphins eat fish but not anywhere they only catch fish that are close to the surface. That’s why you see them jump out of the water most of the time.

Ever wonder what those weird, loud, and irritating sounds that dolphins make are? Well those are communicative sounds. Which are called echolocation. Echolocation sounds are produced in their nasal passages just below their blowholes, which are called clicks. Clicks are most of the time produced in such fast way that they sound like buzzes or even quacks. Isn’t that amazing? These sounds are produced just behind the melon, an oily, slightly off-center lump on what you’d call the dolphin’s forehead, and the sound waves are focused forward through it.

Well now that we have learned about dolphins and that you know more about them well maybe now you see dolphins different.

I wrote this picece because I think dolphins are really sweet and cool...

Your writing is great. Keep it up. I love dolphins. You made it a great writing peace