Hiking on Si

Me, my dad and my brothers went hiking on Mt. Si last summer and it was amazing. We started out in the early morning and everything was really quiet except for the birds. My dad used this as a time to teach us about all the native plants and animals and would point them out as we saw them. Mt. Si is really cool because it’s not that far away from were we live and it’s so beautiful. The best part is when you get to the top after about a half a days worth of hiking and you can look out all across the valley, on a clear day. Also at the top you can see the Clarks Nutcracker which only lives in the higher elevations so we never see it at home. Chipmunks are also very common at the top and are really fun to watch. During the actual hike you don’t see much wildlife except for various species of birds and squirrels. There are also many varieties of plants such as huckleberry, salmon berry and lots of vine maple and sword ferns. There are lots of Douglas firs and higher up more hemlocks and juniper. This is my favorite place to go hiking mostly because of all the great views and the chipmunks you get to see.

cbandca said...
Sept. 30, 2009 at 11:05 am
It was a good start but you could've used more details about your hike

225boi said...
Sept. 17, 2009 at 10:35 am
that was nice