Irish Spring Green | Teen Ink

Irish Spring Green

April 1, 2024
By 5rothmeier BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5rothmeier BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

If unlimited resources, money, and power were at my fingertips I would take full course of action and use that money to create technology to pull carbon emissions out of the atmosphere and reduce pollution around the world. By using my influence I would take a day out of the year and make it mandatory to clean up the environment and help the natural inhabitants.


This enforced Earth Day would create a cleaner environment significantly due to the massive amounts of people that will be contributing to helping the environment. With the money provided technology given to each of the people is going to boost how much they will be able to help. Imagine every single person having shovels or bulldozers to clean trash and plant trees at an industrial rate. Everyone's work would be boosted by at least 50 %. With these tools, we would be able to significantly reduce the amount of waste/pollution in the world.


Just think about all the trash you see on a daily basis while you drive through a neighborhood, city, or freeway. There is an abundant amount of trash due to the lack of effort towards preserving the environment. Enforcing certain laws, like the loitering law, would push more towards a greener environment and a healthier future. Realistically if I had enough money and resources there wouldn’t be an environmental problem due to the abundance of resources to create clean nuclear energy. Pollution would have to be treated with less leniency and the governments of all countries would have to push for a cleaner environment.


Alas, sometimes more isn’t the answer. Too much power for anybody is a problem; it changes a person. It would be a better idea if we were to change our current way and realize how destructive humans can be. It’s a lesson that we are learning along the way that's important. Without mistakes, we wouldn’t learn and be who are today. Part of me believes that we can do better, that we can make a change to the world without unlimited resources.