Combustion vs electric | Teen Ink

Combustion vs electric

April 1, 2024
By Anonymous

The modern world has issues with the environment. There is garbage in the sea, smoke in the air and nuclear generators that are polluting the world. One of the current largest issues is the thought of having electric vehicles on the roads. On paper, the idea of having a non-combustion motor that doesn't use any gas is great. In reality, the mining processes are so much more polluting than anything. On top of that, electric cars won't last nearly as long as we think that they will. The planet just doesn't have the materials needed to make it a permanent solution. 

Another aspect that hurts the reality that electric cars won't last forever is, what do you use to charge them when they run out of battery on the side of the roads. Most electric car  owners have a diesel generator sitting in the back so that they can charge the car on the go. So even with all of this money that is making this car so great, they still need to revert back to the old ways in order to keep them charged. On top of that, they use diesel mining equipment and heavy duty transport in order to get the materials for the batteries. This just proves that no matter how hard the electric car companies try, they are still going to need combustion motors to keep the electric cars alive. 

There have been many instances where the batteries have overheated and shut the car down or even exploded. That should not be sold to the public if it clearly isn't safe for anybody. The sensors have also proven to cause fatal crashes because of a defect in their system. If it does not see a red light while the computer is driving the car, it can cause a risk to so many people's lives. This has happened many times with many different brands. They all use the same, or a very similar motor and they are still blowing up today.

Electric cars are not safe for not only the innocent citizens of the world, but they are not safe for the environment. If they can not be created without hurting the environment, they shouldnt be made at all. The mines are just too harsh and the desi vehicles used to do the mining don't help either. We need to go back to the combustion engines and get rid of electric cars for good 


The author's comments:

i am a big time car guy that enjoys racing and other automotive events. I have done the research that prooves that electric cars are worse for the environment than gas cars and they will not last due to our lack of materials