One Earth, One Chance | Teen Ink

One Earth, One Chance

June 14, 2009
By Emma Hunter BRONZE, Wyckoff, NJ, New Jersey
Emma Hunter BRONZE, Wyckoff, NJ, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The environment is one of those things that usually flies over people’s heads. If it doesn’t concern them, they’re not going to waste their time trying to figure it out. However, time has begun to run out and what people don’t know our environment will not have a positive future if we keep treating the way we are. And if the environment doesn’t have a bright future, than our families won’t have one either.

The future has begun to look grim but it doesn’t have to be. Saving the Earth is simple and all everyone has to do is work together and try.

“I’m just one person, something little I do will not help the environment or stop global warming“. I can’t tell you the countless amount of times I’ve heard people say those words. I’m just a teenager but it never ceases to amaze me. There are various simple things that a teenager and everyone else can do, that will make an impact on our Earth.
- Choose a reusable water bottle over individual plastic bottles
- Use a recyclable bag when going to the grocery store or mall
- Turn off unnecessary lights in your house
- Refrain from littering; wait till you find a trash can to throw away garbage
- Recycle cans, newspapers, plastic bottles, etc.

We can do so much for our Earth if we just try. If everyone commits to improving our home by doing some of these simple and easy things, than we can change the way people look at and treat the Earth. We can make changes for the better and best of all, we can make a brighter and healthier future for our children and our children’s children. There’s only Earth and one chance to save it. Are you going to?