The Things We Are Blind To | Teen Ink

The Things We Are Blind To

May 24, 2019
By JayK1 BRONZE, Corvallis, Oregon
JayK1 BRONZE, Corvallis, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Global warming isn’t a problem. It’s not like there’s evidence tracking back years. It’s not like there are more wildfires than ever, and there isn’t THAT much plastic in the ocean. The government's just lying to us. It’s not like there are actual consequences in shoving so much pollution to nature because throwing trash at our only home all came from it. It’s like war doesn’t matter and soldiers and civilians are just really good at acting. There isn’t too much stress on teenagers these days. Suicide doesn’t matter, after all it is the survival of the fittest. It’s not like all the trees are dying from excessive logging. Greed isn’t a real thing; it’s not like people are suffering from too little while some have too much. Animals don’t matter, again, survival of the fittest.

No. This first paragraph is complete satire. All of the problems listed above are ACTUAL problems that are occuring. People all around the world are totally oblivious to all these problems. Global warming, pollution, war, stress, suicide, excessive logging, greed, and extinction are just a tiny slice of all the things that are wrong with the world.