Community Service Award Essay | Teen Ink

Community Service Award Essay

April 30, 2014
By Anonymous

One day I saw my grandfather at a store and I saw him looking around for things. I told myself that I was going to go over there and help him carry his groceries because he looked like he was struggling a bit. I went over there and asked him if he wanted he to help but he said, “ Sure, I would love some help.” So I carried his groceries around the store and I asked him if I could help him clean the garage or something. He said’ “Sure!” I hopped in the car and we drove back to his house and we saw his neighbor outside trying to clean his garage and couldn’t finish because his back hurt and the guy asked me and of course I said, “Yes.” So after I finished with my grandfathers garage, I went to help with the guys garage. He came out after I finished and asked if we wanted to have dinner with him as a reward for helping him. I asked my grandfather and he said, “Of course.” So we went in and introduced himself to me and I introduced myself to him. His name was Dave. He asked me if I played any sports and I said, “Yes, I play hockey.” He said that he was going to a game later and asked if we wanted to come. We both said, “Yes.” Later that night after the game I said,” Thank you for giving us tickets.” He said, “Your welcome, I’ll see you later.” I said, “Bye.” and we left. Good thing happen to caring people.