She's Only Five | Teen Ink

She's Only Five

By hannahgarbo BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
hannahgarbo BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
― Michael Jordan

When I read this article, it made me realize how different a 5 year olds point of view is on the world. This story explains to me that how different a little girl’s point of view is then mine. We have many differences; she’s homeless I’m not, she’s so much stronger at that age then me, but I have more experience in the world. After reading this article I can see that nobody has a perfect life, and people need to understand what others are going through to understand the hardships. I feel that nowadays, the rich and the poor have no differences on the inside; it’s how they present themselves on the outside. No one ever understands how young people and older people are so different. For the young, they could be talking about princesses one moment, then the next, what they had for breakfast. Kids have such short attention spans that we can’t remember and don’t have time for everything that’s going on in the world around us.

What I took from this article was to take things slow and appreciate what I have. I think that sometimes we need to stop, take a breath, and just examine scenery around us because we might not see it again.