The Finish Line has been Crossed!

On Sunday, June 1st, the 10th annual Senior Citizen’s Dash took place at the Lincoln High School track. It all began at 12 noon. This event was held to help raise money for charities that support diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many other sicknesses that affect senior citizens. The stands were crowded with people as far as you could see. You could smell the strong scent of hot dogs coming from the concession stand. When it finally struck 12, you could hear the loud gun shot. The 9 runners, male and female, began running as fast as possible to get to the finish line. It was a close race, but the lucky winner happened to be Elizabeth Johnson. She crossed the finish line with her arms flailing, with the other 8 following shortly behind her. When asking Elizabeth how she did it, she simply replied “I knew I was going to win, I could taste victory from the minute I put my feet on the starting line. But it’s all for a good cause, so winning isn’t really what is important here.” Everything turned out great, and the event raised over 1,000 dollars for local charities.