Response To "A Different Summer Experience" | Teen Ink

Response To "A Different Summer Experience" MAG

I would like to tell Aimee Fraulo that I was very impressed when I read about her summer experience this year. Many teenagers today feel that they are too busy or have better things to do than volunteer to help people in need. The fact is that most of them are just too busy watching TV and doing absolutely nothing on their summer vacations.

I value Aimee's actions greatly because she could have found a job that paid her and would benefit only her, but she decided to do something else. She wanted to make a difference in someone's life by helping them. There are not too many people like Aimee. People today set standards on how much they want to be paid for a job and if they don't receive that amount, they just will not work.

What Aimee has done for the elderly woman and also for our environment shows a great deal of concern and kindness from her heart. I hope more teens are influenced by her and realize that they also can make a difference in someone's life by just caring and reaching out to someone in need. n