My Brother's Place | Teen Ink

My Brother's Place MAG

I was offered an award if I fulfilled specific requirements that included community service. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to receive such an award. I could handle a little community service. I decided to volunteer at My Brother's Table in Lynn. I didn't know what to expect when I first arrived. I figured there would be a lot of weird people who came for the free meals. To my surprise, most of the people who showed up weren't weird. They just didn't wear expensive clothes or have the latest hairstyles. The phrase "It's not what you look like on the outside, it's what's inside that counts" popped into my mind.

My Brother's Table, like many other organizations, depends on volunteers to help prepare meals, serve the meals, wash dishes, and keep the place in working order. Without volunteers, there would be no My Brother's Table. I would just like to tell all of the volunteers reading this article that at times you may not feel like you are making a difference, but you deserve a standing ovation! To those who are thinking about volunteering, just try it out, then the decision is up to you.

i love this so much!