A Political Campaign This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A Political Campaign
by E. R., New City, NY
At first volunteering my time to help with a political campaign didn't seem too exciting. But when my aunt, who was the campaign administrator for our county executive, asked me, I agreed to help. I thought it would be a beneficial experience, and it did turn out to be.
A lot of what I had to do was stuff envelopes, put addresses and stamps on them. There were many other volunteers, since we had to send out thousands of letters. We also hleped set up for the many functions which took place, and handed out balloons, stickers and hats at outdoor events.
one advantage of doing this was the fact that I got to meet the county executive and many other politicians. They probably didn't realize how much hard work we did for them, but we didn't mind. Another good thing was that I was able to see how a campaign is run, something I probably never would have gotten to experience if I hadn't decided to volunteer.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

eshani said...
Hey! For my AP Gov class we have to do political community service. Is there any way you can give me info on how to reach the local campaign person. Thanks!