The H.E.A.R.T. Club This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The H.E.A.R.T. club is an after-school foundation set up to help our community in the Rockland County area of New York, 30 miles north of New York City. The club meets once a week and plans services to help give aid to people who have disabilities, are hospitalized or are senior citizens.

This club is not for people who like to stand around, but instead we are very active. In just one meeting, we made place cards for Valentine's Day at our local hospital, we baked cookies for senior citizens and made several teddy bears for babies born addicted to crack. We also hand out pamphlets at a regional walk-a-thon in order to help raise money for cancer groups.

This is a very dedicated club that is willing to help our community. We spend several hours each week planning what we are going to do and raise funds for supplies. We strive to do positive work and hope more people will help contribute to our goals and make our community a better place. fl