Service | Teen Ink

Service MAG

When you serve you are giving back to the community and helping other people. To give freely of your time and service is not only a benefit to others but also to yourself. The self-satisfaction of helping others is a feeling like no other. The positive feelings show themselves twice, in the act of giving and helping and also in the outcome of your efforts.

Part of being a well-rounded person is to help others. No matter who you are or what you do, if you don't help others and the community you live in, how are you benefiting society? Often people's goals and ambitions can become so inwardly focused that they concentrate solely on the tangible items in the world. They forget what the world is really about - people. To be a success in life is not about what you own, your status at school, or your ability on the playing field. Success is when you have, to the best of your ability, helped your fellow man. I urge you to work and dedicate yourself to helping others. In my opinion, it is the service and what someone gives back that is the measurement of a person's character and their true strength. fl