No Need For Pay | Teen Ink

No Need For Pay MAG

Last summer, I experienced something that I will never forget. I was sitting on my front porch when I heard some commotion from across the alley. I saw my neighbor's house engulfed in a ball of flames. There was nothing anyone could do but sit and watch this tragic occurrence. In the end, the house burned to the ground. My neighbor was left with nothing. This made him lose all hope, since he lived alone and had no friends. He decided to begin a life on the streets.

I tried to think of a way to help him because I felt really sad, as if I were responsible for the fire. After a lot of thought, I figured out how to help him. I started to work at a local soup kitchen and told him to visit me at work, never telling him what "work" was. When he arrived, I felt overjoyed. The look on his face was unforgettable. He was so happy to see that someone cared for him. I told him that he was welcome here and at my house anytime.

My friends thought that I was crazy. They could not believe that I would work five nights a week without pay. I tell them that when I see all the happy faces on the people there, I cannot think about pay. That is all the pay I need. fl

i love this so much!