Making A Difference This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" - these are the famous words of President John F. Kennedy. One person can truly make a difference. Just recently, I heard about a high school student from the South who, driven by anger, decided to help the churches that had recently been burned down. He organized a 1000-mile bike ride to raise money for them. Setting up a page on the Internet spread the word. His inspiring story encouraged me to do more for my community.

This is why the Presidents' Summit for America's Future is a great idea. We need more people to serve their communities. The people of America should come together to help each other. Although the children of America are very important - they are the future, we should not stop there. Volunteering to help anybody can lead to making America a better place. fl