Mission to Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
     For spring break wewent to Tijuana, Mexico with AMOR missionaries to build homes. As thetrip approached, I was afraid. I'd heard Tijuana was not one of thesafest places to visit.

When we got there, I was amazed how manystudents came to build homes for people they had never met. Every day Igot up at 5:30 a.m. to eat, work, take an extremely cold shower and thensleep. It was a sacrifice I fell in love with. We built hope andrelationships with the neighborhood families and children. The looks ontheir faces made my heart feel full. We need to look beyond ourselvesmore often, to distant lands and people who need us. I was afraid atfirst about this trip, but I met a group of people who came to help withtheir hearts full of love. We made a difference, and had the best springbreak ever.