Pet Therapy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Some who look at the world might think that most individuals only worry about themselves and to some extent this is true. There are, however, many who help others through community service. I am one of those.

I do pet therapy by taking my dog to a nursing home. I have been volunteering for two years, and I love it. Previously, I helped at an animal shelter, which I enjoyed but I had to stop when the animals became sick and only those over the age of 18 were allowed to help. I wanted to do something else involving animals, so I decided on pet therapy.

When I arrive at the nursing home everything changes. I no longer feel like I am going just to do something nice. I go because I want to, and it makes me feel good to be able to give back.

When I see how appreciative the residents are, it reminds me that I am doing what I am meant to do. It is amazing how great I feel doing something so small. I never want to stop because I have formed a strong bond with the residents. Volunteering makes me feel great; I hope it makes the residents feel great, too.

lol rajnique said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 5:57 pm:
i need community service to complete service hrs. before April 9

lolbebe93 said...
i need community service for high school to get credits.