Yeah it's pouring down rain and yeah, I'm mulching in it | Teen Ink

Yeah it's pouring down rain and yeah, I'm mulching in it

By GolfChick BRONZE, Moore, South Carolina
GolfChick BRONZE, Moore, South Carolina

"He showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God" ~ Micah 6:8

We had Discipleship Now at my church and of course I knew we would have to do missions. I found out that one group would be going to feed homeless people and do some other work at a local pregnancy center. The other group would be mulching a local intermediate school and at the local community center. I just knew I would not be put in the mulching group, I didn't even pack a warmer jacket.So we had our study that night and it was about sometimes when your serve God it isn't the most grand and you might hate it but, we need to just remember it is to bring glory to God. At that moment I knew I was in the mulching group. I knew that in no possible way I would want to mulch and in no way would I want to be in the pouring rain. So when our group set off to mulch I knew I had to put all my effort into it. The rain came down at the intermediate school and we mulched our hearts out. Then we moved on to the community center. I promise I took a look at the mountain of mulch we had to lay down and almost fainted. We of course went straight to work in the pouring rain. By the end our hair soaked up all the water it could and slowly rain drops would come down our faces. In the end we found out that the community center hasn't had the mulch redone in two years. I knew that even though it wasn't the ideal think it was the right thing but, most of all it gave all the glory to God.