Crazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I want to be crazy.

I want to go around at night giving socks to the homeless. I want to stick Post-it notes on public mirrors telling people they are beautiful. I want to give toys to kids who have none. I want to make old people feel young again.

I want to whisper in a guy's ear that the girl on the other side of the room has been watching him all night and he should go talk to her. I want to show the goths and the emos the sunlight in their lives. I want to pay for the guy behind me at McDonald's.

I want to salute a soldier as he walks by. I want to smile at a stranger. I want to buy a random sad-looking person some ice cream. I want to walk up to a homeless man, tell him he won the lottery, and give him a thousand dollars. I want to dance in my pjs singing into a hairbrush in front of a giant crowd, just to make one person laugh.

I want to burst into song while walking the dogs, because it is amazing to be alive. I want to compliment someone nobody notices. I want to give a struggling single mom a makeover. I want to throw money over my head so when people walk where I've been, they feel like the luckiest person in the world. I want to blow up a thousand balloons and let them go in an office building.

I want to see a girl with a disability and drop everything to run to her and tell her she is the most beautiful person in the world. I want to draw a giant rainbow in a school parking lot. I want to stick notes in people's lockers telling them just what they need to hear. I want to show a cranky old man some love.

I want to make a fool of myself, just for the smiles of others. I want to be crazy like that.

Completely. Utterly. Insane.

DindellaAmagu said...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:05 am:

Oh my gosh!! You have no idea how touching this is!

You hit this right on the mark and you know what? I want to be crazy, too. So, one day, lets all be crazy together. . . and show the world that maybe insanity. . . isn't so bad.

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:09 am :
Thank you!  That sounds like a plan!  Maybe if more people were crazy, the world wouldn't be so cruel. :)  If you have a facebook, I made a page called Crazy is Beautiful, for all us "crazy" people :)

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 11:06 am:
aww thats sooo cute! 5 stars! (:

Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm :
Thanks! :)

hannahbee7 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved this! This is exactly the kind of person I see myself as, and I'm quite inspired by it. Simple, yet fun.:]

Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm :
Thanks a googleplex! (I swear it's a number...) :)

redcg416 said...
That was so sweet! I loved it. You seem like a great person. Just wait. You will make a diffrence just by being happy.

Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:48 pm :
Thanks so much! :)

Eatfoodzap said...
:D That's really sweet. The way you said everything in such a simplistic way really brings out the essence of what you're trying to say. Amazing! ;D

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 12:56 am :
I LOVE THIS!! I'm crying now! I wish more people cared as much as you do!! I'm adding this to my favourites list when I have time.

Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:48 pm :

Eatfoodzap:  Thanks so much!

Healing_Angel:  Aww I'm touched. :)  Thank you!